Thursday, April 29, 2010

When You've Only Got 100 Years to Live...

My Grandma Ricks turned 100 years old on April 14th. Last year when she turned 99, I launched 99 Red Balloons in her honor, via cyberspace. This year we wanted to do something really special. She is an amazing gardener and loves taking care of all growing things, so in her honor we bought 75 roses. 25 red. 25 coral. 25 yellow. Cassidy, Cody, and I took them to her assisted living home and distributed them to all of the residents and employees. 100 roses would have been way too many, but 75 was just right. Everyone got one of each. 1 red, 1 coral, and 1 yellow. I hope I make it to 75. If I am lucky enough to follow in her footsteps and make it to 100, I hope someone will bring me a bouquet as well. A beautiful bouquet full of roses. Red roses. Coral roses. Yellow roses.

Happy Birthday, Grandma! Isn't she lovely?

No comments:

Post a Comment