"...blocking up the scenery, breaking up my mind. Do this! Don't do That! Can't you read the sign?" Remember the song? Do the lyrics inspire you to sing along? If not, it doesn't matter. This blog is not about singing. I have, however, lately, noticed a bit of an obsession with a few things that are sign-related. I shall elaborate. First. You know those crazy, wacked out kids who dance on corners holding signs for pizza places and phone service? They. are. everywhere. They move to the beat of their own i-pod, enticing us to stop in and buy a $5.00 pepperoni or a $175 Blackberry. They've got crazy rhythms going on and some sweet Napolean-Dynamite-esque dance skills. I asked Eli if he would ever be tempted to dance on a street corner and he said, "Not unless it's for $500." I doubt they get paid the big bucks. Sometimes it must be frustrating to be honked at, stared at, waved at, and winked at, but I suppose it's all in a day's work. Once I saw a sign-waver stop dancing, drop the sign on the ground, stomp on it a few times, and then run away. Hil.ar.i.ous. For me anyway. Probably not for him. HOWEVER, I draw the line at going into any eating establishment who's outdoor sign waver is dancing barefoot on the pavement. It's a hygiene issue for me. I feel like making a sign to wave to back at her, "Dirty feet don't encourage me to eat." So unless someone will pay me $500 to do it, you won't see me sign-waving on a corner anytime soon. Second. In my town, at a prominent physician's office, the sign says, "Testing Counseling". I just had to stop and say to myself, "If they are testing their counseling abilities, maybe patients should seek advice elsewhere." Just sayin'. Third. Yesterday I saw the best sign ever. Here's a picture. I think it's self explanatory. I didn't know these were for sale. Obviously they are. And they must be popular enough to sell without any sign-waving, dancing wacko's. So. If you need one, come and get one. They are on. sale. now. in a neighborhood near you!



No comments:
Post a Comment