Tuesday, September 7, 2010

New Shoes

Shopping for school shoes with boys is not as much fun as shopping for school shoes with girls. Your choices are limited and they just don't groove on all the latest and greatest styles. No bows, no buckles, no heels. Very few fabric choices. Most years with Eli we just walk into Payless, choose something without a character tatooed on the side and then we leave. This year there must have been a shift in the universe because Payless had nothing. Famous Footwear had nothing. But Fred Meyer had something. And it was magical. The minute these were spotted, it was love at first sight. Once the shoe fit, it was definitely time to wear it. "Mom. I've got to have them. They look so cool and they make my feet feel like they want to fly!" Both shoe-loving-sisters were in full approval. One from afar, who declared "Bennie "The Jet" Rodriguez would be proud!" The sister who lives here likes them for another reason. She tried Eli's on, and just like Cinderella, the shoe fit. I guess if he was willing to share...
Gas to Fred Meyer--$2.89
Pack of Pokeman cards on the way out--$3.99
Converse All-Stars--$35.00
My son's introduction into the world of fine footwear--PrIcELeSs!

2 comments:

  1. What the heck, Becky? Where is our beautiful trip to the movie theater on Saturday. Yeah...I love Eli's shoes...A LOT. But come on...I want to hear more about Mammouth wolves and glittering people(if you can call them that). ;)

    ReplyDelete