It was twenty-three years ago today that my Whitney-girl came to stay. It's been twenty- three years of fantastic and fabulous wonderfulness. I salute her for all that she is, all that she has been, and all that she will be in the very near future. Her fame has preceeded her. I offer twenty three reasons why she has every right to say, "You are my biggest fan." Because I am. Her biggest fan.
2--Her laugh is infectious. I'm counting the days until I hear it again.
3--She knows how to speak Spanish. HoLa!
4--She knows how to speak German. DaNke!
5--She is the Queen of English. The Grammar Goddess.
6--In the world of sisters, she is top notch.
7--Her birthday is one day before our anniversary, making her the best present ever.
8--She is a voracious reader; a lover of all books.
9--She is an AmAzInG writer. One day we will be reading her best-sellers.
10--She loves tennis. And Wimbledon. And Roger Federer.
11--And Cardigans.
12--And Shoes. Converse. All. Stars.
13--She's a genuis. Seriously.
14--Quoting movies is one of her greatest talents.
15--She can turn the world on with her smile.
16--She loves the simple things in life. Popcorn, porch-sitting, and plaid. Anything plaid.
16--She loves the simple things in life. Popcorn, porch-sitting, and plaid. Anything plaid.
17--She won an Oscar once for her performance in "The Matchmaker."
18--She does her crossword puzzles in pen.
19--She's a very good detective, just like Nancy Drew.
20--She passed the first round test to appear on Jeopardy, but it conflicted with her mission. Don't count her out yet, Alex. She will probably try again!
21--She loves the Beatles. And the Beach Boys. And Dean and Frank and Michael. Buble', that is, not Jackson.
22--Someday she will marry Gilbert Blythe. Or Jem Finch. Or Louis Stevens. Or a combination of the three.
23--She is practically perfect, in every way.
So on this day, her twenty-third birthday I salute her and say, in the words of those crazy Oneders,"Keep on doing that thing you do!"



Wow! What an awesome kid...except that I am marrying Gilbert someday, but not Gem...Atticus maybe though. Also do my crosswords in pen, and LOVE this movie. Happy birthday. Thanks for the nice comment on my blog...sounds like we both lucked out with our daughters...interesting kids!
ReplyDeleteAND...she is beautiful. When I first saw her picture I thought it was an old pic of you.
ReplyDeleteShe must come by her ability to write honestly. Her mom is not half bad.
Only a mother could love me this much. Or a combination of Gilbert Blythe, Jem Finch, and Louis Stevens. So until he shows up, "You are my biggest fan."
ReplyDelete