Yesteday I went to sign onto facebook on the family home computer. The e-mail address that came up as a login was ifarted@hushmail.com (BELIEVE ME! I DON'T CONDONE THIS EITHER!) After taking a very long and very deep breath, I spoke with conviction but not anger to my young son sitting on the couch. "Eli, who's e-mail is this?" He didn't skip a beat. Didn't turn around. Didn't look me in the eye. Just answered. "I'm in trouble, huh? Big trouble." My reply, "Oh, yeah. Big, BIG trouble." After asking for and receiving his password (googoogaga for those of you who are interested) I was immediately directed to my 9-year old son's newly created facebook domain. Only it wasn't him. It was someone by the name of Jason Duncan. "WHO is Jason Duncan?" I asked, because now even my curiosity was peaked. It sounded to me like a hero from the pages of Tom Clancy or Robert Ludlum.
Another non-blinking reply. "It's my pseudonym mom. You don't think I would use my real name, do you?" When I asked why he even felt the need for a facebook page, his simple answer, "A lot of the girls at school have them." Ah. Ha. He's doing it to impress women. And with a name like Jason Duncan, how could he go wrong? At this point I. am. speechless. Little did I know I am raising a CIA operative. A Secret Agent Man. A Private Eye. One half of the Hardy Boys. Frank or Joe, respectively. Well, all's well that ends well. For now anyway. Jason Duncan has been grounded from facebook. And the computer. And girls. And life. Word to the wise: If someone named Jason Duncan sends you a friend request on facebook, deny it. He's not as old as he sounds."Those private eyes. They're watching you. Watching you. Watching you-oo-oo."



Ahaha. This could be the best thing I've read all day. Love. it.
ReplyDeleteJoy, you absolutely crack me up! Fortunately, mom is smarter than Jason Duncan. But keep your "eye" on him. 16 is coming....quickly. :)
ReplyDeleteHa, that is hilarious. And horrible. Good old boys. They're always good for spicing up life. :)
ReplyDeleteAlso, I gave you a little award on my blog. Go check it out, share some new facts about you, and pass it on! :)
As the mother of two sons myself, I must say that this is a fantastic story. Super funny, but not surprising. I see great things in his future...maybe we should set up an arranged marriage between him and my Grace.... :)
ReplyDeleteDid he really use the word pseudonym?
ReplyDelete