- The trees in Westminster Abbey. Lovely. Just lovely.
- Hats! Hats! And more HATS! Tall ones, short ones, fat ones, flowery ones. Fab.u.Lous.
- British flags waving in the breeze. It made me wish I was from England. Just for the day.
- The shiny cars used to transport the wedding party. They were gleaming, and the guests inside of them were beaming. Can you say, "Jag-u-ar?"
- Prince William and Prince Henry removing their hats and gloves when they entered the church. Harry had hat hair. William, sadly, has hardly any hair.
- The Beckham's. David, in my opinion, outshone the groom. Posh, on the other hand, not so posh.
- All that royal waving. It makes my wrist hurt.
- The women and their suits. Very proper. Very royal wedding. Very posh. (minus Victoria)

- The bridal party. The children were charming, and Pippa's dress was perfection.
- Speaking of dresses, it was everything and anything I had hoped it would be. Classic. Elegant. Understated. Timeless. Just like another princess. Kate tried to be like Grace Kelly. And she was. Practically perfect in every way.
- Finally, my favorite moment from the ceremony. When Kate stepped onto the carpet and began gliding down the aisle, Harry stole a quick peak at her. He grinned that 'melt-your-heart-smile' and whispered to his brother. I imagine it went something like this: "Hey, bro, your girl, she is fine!" Actually, it probably went more like this: "Brother of mine, your future wife is floating towards us as a vision of loveliness. Remember, all you need is love."
- As a side note, my favorite gift to the royal couple was a bicycle built for two. It was a replica of the one that had been given to Queen Victoria on her wedding day. Those Brits really know how to work sentimentality, don't they?
We finished the day off with a Beatles concert. Not the real Beatles, of course, for obvious reasons, but a pretty good substitution: 1964: The Tribute. If you grow up in my house, you have to love, Love, LOVE The Fab Four. My children are raised on them from the womb.
Due in part to the introduction of Beatles Rock Band, Eli has become quite the fan, so he made the perfect date. We met Cassidy and her roommate Eliza and spent the night twisting and shouting to everything from HELP! to Yellow Submarine to Hard Day's Night. We danced in a mosh pit during the encore, and Eli was able to 'shake it up, baby' with the best of them. I love royal weddings. I love the Beatles. I love, love, LOVE the Brits. Cheerio!
Due in part to the introduction of Beatles Rock Band, Eli has become quite the fan, so he made the perfect date. We met Cassidy and her roommate Eliza and spent the night twisting and shouting to everything from HELP! to Yellow Submarine to Hard Day's Night. We danced in a mosh pit during the encore, and Eli was able to 'shake it up, baby' with the best of them. I love royal weddings. I love the Beatles. I love, love, LOVE the Brits. Cheerio!



Mom, I, too, thought Pippa's dress was magnificent. I loved your comment about the hat hair and the lack of hair. :)
ReplyDelete