Wednesday, February 23, 2011

One BaD Apple...

This post it two-fold. First, it sings the praises of my sweetheart, who knew exactly what I wanted and needed for Valentine's Day. It was one of these. And believe me, he delivered. After spending a week living in the "house-of-the-sick-and-wishing-to-be-dead" we are finally enjoying the fruits of his inspiration. This was no bAd aPple. It was literally perfection. Perfection on a stick. Creamy Caramel. Decadent Chocolate. Crunchy toffee bits. Mmmmm. Love at first bite from my true love at first sight.

Secondly, if you know AnYtHiNg at all about moi, you know that I Love, love, LOVE the Osmonds. Anything Osmond. Mostly Donny, (my teenage love at first sight AND sound.)I had all his albums when I was younger. It was much more than just Puppy Love. I slept with his album cover next to my pillow. I knew that someday he would be mine. Alas, it was not to be, but a girl can always dream, can't she? Even if those dreams extend to her daughters. The second generation of Osmonds is close within my reach. Closer than ever now. And yet, oh, so far.Yesterday after leaving work I received a text from a favorite co-worker that an Osmond was in the office. Standing next to her. Looking good and smelling even better. Wait a minute. Hold on to your CrAzY HoRsEs! Why wasn't I there to witness this piece of Osmond heaven? Oh yeah, I was home, being a mom and doing mom stuff. And experiencing a huge chunk of bright green Osmond-envy. The only thing that made me fill better was a huge slice of my heavenly apple on a stick. It helped. But only a little. Don't despair, though. They are coming back. And this time I will be there, waiting, like the crazy Osmond stalker that I am. And I will be fully prepared to present them with a very personal, and oh so yummy treat, just from me to them. That's right. One (not-so-bad) Apple. I. can't. wait.
***If you want a non-fattening treat, check out Donny's version of "This Guy's in Love With You." It's a can't miss. It will melt you faster than any chocolate-caramel-covered apple ever
could!
*This is a weird version of "One Bad Apple" so keep listening until you hear Donny hit the high notes. It's worth the wait.

4 comments:

  1. We saw Donny one day at Ikea in Draper! He was in line right in front of us, but since he was with his youngest son we didn't bother him. Still...quite up close and personal! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. One time this woman came up to Kent as we ate out in a restaurant and she said, "Hey! You're Donny Osmond!". He told her to look a little closer and she would find that this wasn't true. So, after scrutinizing him a little closer, she said, "well you have to be one of the Osmonds!". No....he told her he wasn't. But she was having NOTHING to do with it and totally convinced herself that she had luckily had a brief encounter with one of the Osmonds. Off she went, happy as a clam, and we've laughed about it ever since.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm at work when I checked this, so I haven't heard the song yet, but I think the best part of this was "hold onto your crazy horses!" That's one of their best hits. And now I want a caramel apple. Or maybe just a caramel apple sucker.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is Donny coming to IF? Lucys Finnish grandma joined the church because of Donny! She goes to his concerts all over the world ... That is how I feel I can relate to your love for Donny. :).

    ReplyDelete