
I love end-of-the-year field trips. I love being the mom that gets to go with the class on their zoo-picnic-amusement park adventure. This year was no exception. Eli has been looking forward to getting re-acquainted with
The Octopus at
Funland ever since his introduction to this ride last year. Y'all know the drill. You get in side of a bucket with some friends. They strap you in. It spins in a circle while the entire ride rotates in a larger circle. Unless you have a problem with motion sickness, this ride is the be-all, do-all of our little neighborhood amusement park.

My son has no fear. And he likes to spin around. And around. And around. He used all of his tickets to ride
The Octopus. Five times. And then he ran out of tickets. No fear here. Somehow things always work out to his advantage.

One by one, girls in his class started pooling their tickets and giving them to him so he could ride
The Octopus with them. Again. And again. And again. I lost count at 4 extra rides. That's at least 4 more rides than any other third grader on that sunny, almost summer day. My son. Lover of all things fast. Including, on this particular day, fast-thinking girls. Chick magnet? I think so. On purpose? I think not. Does it get any better than this for a nine-year old lover of
The Octopus? I submit that it does not.
What a chick magnet! Seriously. We're going to have to watch him very closely. And that goes for is secret identity, Jason Duncan, too.
ReplyDelete