Monday, July 11, 2011

Baby, You Can Drive My Car

I almost forgot. One more highlight from our Independence Day Weekend of Awesomeness. We bought Whitney a new car. It was a total surprise for her. After she arrived home on Friday, we told her she needed to go with us to Phillip's Credit Union for something. She told us to go without her, but we dragged her there anyway. Just as we pulled into the parking lot, Phillip was tying a big bow on the steering wheel, and we started honking the horn and screaming, "That's your car! That's your car!" She was SPEECHLESS! But only for about 5 seconds, and then she was all like, "That's my car?" "That's MY car!" Honda Accord: $3000. Insurance: $36.00. CD of car songs burned by mom: Free. The look on Whitney's face when she saw the car: PRICELESS!Now she'll have, 'fun, fun, fun, since her dad won't take the car keys away!'

1 comment:

  1. I know you don't like cars having names, but I think you should know that you named mine. When we got the license plates you said, "CK. Calvin Klein. You'll always remember that." And I always will. Nothing comes between me and my Calvin.

    ReplyDelete